HD BROWS’ ANIMAL TESTING POLICY
We (High Definition Brows Limited) do not perform animal testing on any of our product formulations or individual ingredients, either directly or indirectly. All ingredients are carefully monitored; suppliers are required to confirm that the ingredients they are contracted to supply have not been tested on animals. Any materials which do not comply with these requirements will not be used in our products.
All of our finished products are manufactured under strict quality control parameters, if testing is a legal safety requirement, only human volunteers are used in accordance with the alternative methods as validated and adopted at a Community level with due regard to the development of validation within the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Our finished products are never tested on animals and adhere to all EU legislation and industry standards.
Our products are not available to purchase in mainland China, since currently animal testing is mandatory for all cosmetics retailed in this region.
Our make up range mainly contains plant extracts but some products do contain animal or insect sourced ingredients, as follows:
- Some of our make up brushes contain animal hair:
- Goat hair is used within the Powder, Blusher, Angled Brow, Contour, & Eye Blending Brushes.
- Pony hair is used within the Angled Shading, Smudger, & Eyeshadow Brushes.
- Some of our products include Bees Wax (Cera Alba) including:
- Black Hard Wax Pastilles, Sculpt & Glow Palettes, Eye & Brow Palettes [wax], Brow Wax, Duo Gel Liner, Colourfix, Mascara, SOS Balm, Conceal & Correct Palettes, Pro Pencil, & the Brow Cremes.
- Some of our products contain Paraffinum Liquidum/ Lanolin (an oil that is extracted from animal wool, thus not harming or endangering the life of an animal) including:
- Professional Crème Wax, Tints, and Developer, Sculpt & Glow Palette, Eye & Brow Palettes, Kajal, Pro Pencil.