HD BROWS TRAINING CONFIRMATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
WHAT YOUR TRAINING WILL INVOLVE
The Pre-Read Manual has been designed as the perfect introduction to HD Brows and you will receive this in the post in the next few days. You must read this Pre-Read Manual thoroughly prior to attending your training via webinar or in an academy, and you must complete all quizzes.
THEORY WEBINAR – BrowSculpt only
The theory element of your course will take place online. You are asked to ensure you are on time for your session, have your video on where possible and reduce any distractions from the session.
An assessment of your practical skills will be carried out when you attend the in-class training, if this element applies to your booking.
Please note: a conversion package does not include a practical assessment day. If you want to attend training in our academy, you will need to choose an alternative package.
If the trainer feels that you need additional help to meet the required standards, they may request that you complete additional assessments and / or retake a class.
CERTIFICATE OF QUALIFICATION
On successful completion of your practical assessment (and any related case studies if required) we will provide you with a certificate as evidence of your brow skills. If you have completed an HD Brows or BrowSculpt course, you will receive your certificate upon completing your practical academy training. This will be handed to you at the end of the training session upon successful completion. If you have completed a BrowSculpt conversion course, your certificate will be posted out to you at the end of the month in which you trained. Please note: if your salon booked/paid for your training, it will be posted to the salon. If you need a pass note so that you can obtain insurance whilst you wait for your certificate to arrive, please contact your Customer Specialist.
CONVERSION COURSE QUALIFICATION
A conversion course is an upskill of your previous qualification and you must already hold a certificate to perform this treatment and gain insurance.
By providing a copy of your certificate it is verification that you have previously attended training, carried out the practical assessment and are qualified to perform the treatment. If you are unable to provide a copy of your certificate you will need to choose an alternative package.
For insurance purposes, individuals who are under the age of 18 are not allowed to train with us.
Please note: a stand-alone HD Brows conversion certificate will not cover you for insurance purposes.
WHAT TO BRING
During your practical training, you will be performing a professional service so suitable salon attire must be worn. If you do not have salon attire, please ensure that you wear smart, dark coloured trousers and top. If you have long hair, please ensure that it is tied up. You should also wear flat, closed-toe shoes.
GLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES
If you need to wear glasses for close-up work or reading, please have them with you (for the theory element and the practical assessment).
Please bring a camera to each in-class training day to enable you to take before and after photographs. The photographs are valuable evidence for your portfolio. A mobile phone can be used for photos during the training.
HYGIENE AND PPE
Additional cleaning and sanitising products have been introduced in all venues. We kindly ask that students arrive at training wearing a face covering (unless exempt based on government guidelines) and the procedures are followed to ensure that our students and staff make every effort to maintain the highest standards of hygiene in our workplaces. If any cleaning and sanitising products need to be replenished please contact our front of house who will be happy to assist.
Essential PPE will be supplied in order to perform treatments and must be worn unless exempt based on government guidelines.
SUITABILITY FOR TREATMENTS
If you have a medical condition, are pregnant, breastfeeding or undergoing IVF, under the age of 18, had any reaction to the patch test(s) or are taking any medication that may affect you during your training, please contact your Customer Specialist immediately. You may be unable to have any brow treatments as part of your training and models may need to be arranged.
Please Note: If COVID-19 government guidelines do not permit the use of models on the date of your practical training and you are unable to have the treatment, you will not be able to attend until a later date when models are permitted.
TINT PATCH TEST
If you are attending HD Brows or BrowSculpt practical training, and having the treatment you will need to carry out a tint patch test. This will be posted to you and will contain full instructions. This should be carried out 48 hours prior to your treatment. Please contact your Customer Specialist immediately if you encounter a reaction.
BROWSCULPT PATCH TEST
If you are attending BrowSculpt practical training, and having the treatment you will need to carry out a patch test. This will be posted to you and will contain full instructions. This should be carried out 48 hours prior to your treatment. Please contact your Account Manager immediately if you encounter a reaction.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be providing lunches or refreshments in line with virus prevention advice and students are respectfully requested to provide their own food and drinks which must be consumed in line with UK Government social distancing guidelines
Here is a quick reference list of things to remember when attending training:
- If you think you may be unable to have a brow treatment for medical reasons or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding you must advise us immediately. You may be asked to arrange a model, or re-arrange your training date to accommodate.
- Please bring your pre-read manual and training manual to make notes and refer to.
- Please arrive on time. If you are attending an online class, the webinar waiting room opens 15 minutes prior to training. Registration for your practical training opens 15 minutes before the academy training begins (please read your confirmation email as this may vary for each academy). Please contact us if you are running late.
- Wear suitable salon attire, or smart, dark-coloured clothing and wear flat, closed-toe shoes.
- Ensure that your hair is tied up and secured away from your face.
- Bring glasses or contact lenses if you require them to see clearly; to watch a theory presentation and perform the treatment.
- Bring a camera/phone.
If you have purchased a kit, this will be dispatched on standard delivery (3-5 working days) at the time of booking when paid in full. If a deposit is paid, the kit will be dispatched when the balance has been paid. Please note, you are not qualified to use the products until you have completed your practical training.
PURCHASING PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTS
- £100 non-refundable reservation fee must be paid in order to secure your place on your chosen training package. You will be required to start your learning journey within 6 months of receipt of your registration fee.
- All bookings will permit a 14-day cooling off period, whereby if you change your mind, you can contact us to arrange a refund of payment made (minus the £100 reservation fee, this is non-refundable).
- If a booking is cancelled, kits must be returned unopened. Please visit here to see more info regarding returns.
- Refunds will not be granted if cancellation is less than 14 days prior to the scheduled training date, nor if a training date has been previously amended.
- Please note that after the 14-day cooling off period, your booking/package and kit is non-refundable, this does not affect your statutory rights.
- If you are unable to attend the course for any reason, we will be unable to provide a refund. Failure to attend any study or practical course that is booked individually or is included as part of a package will also be forfeited if you fail to attend. The course can be re-booked at the current market rate.
- If you wish to change the date of your theoretical or practical training, a £50 administration fee will be charged.
- If you are prone to illness, suffer repeated illness or have an on-going medical complaint, which may affect your ability to attend a course, we recommend you take out adequate insurance to cover any loss.
- If you are unable to attend the training day but have another member of staff who is able to attend, please contact us to make the necessary arrangements (this will incur a £50 administration fee).
- If you are attending practical training within 14 days of visiting a country which is not on the Government exemption list, you must rearrange at least 48hrs prior to the event. Evidence of your entry into the UK must be provided.
- Please note packages are non-transferable where any element of the training has been carried out.
- HD Brows Ltd will make every effort to accommodate your requirements; however, priority will be given to existing confirmed bookings.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, inclement weather, road accidents and other force majeure, it may be necessary to cancel, postpone or suspend all or part of any training. Although every effort will be made to ensure all booked training courses are run, in the event that the company is forced to cancel any course we will endeavour to reschedule at a mutually agreeable time. For reasons that are beyond our control the company will not be held responsible for any additional expense incurred by students as a result of cancellations.
If you are deemed unwell upon arrival, we reserve the right to refuse you entry to training. You will need to contact your Customer Specialist to be booked back on to training, free of charge, at the earliest opportunity.
By booking with HD Brows Ltd, it is deemed that you have read and understood the above terms and conditions, that you agree to be bound by them and wish to undertake HD Brows training modules with HD Brows Ltd.
If you have any questions regarding your booking or your upcoming training, please call us on 0113 224 7908. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.